Fertility, Preconception and Reproductive Health
Midwifery Care for Fertility, Preconception and Reproductive Health often involves an initial visit from 1-2 hours long with as many follow-up appointments as necessary. Expect personal, confidential care with plenty of time to check in about how your body is feeling, how you are relating mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and even sub-consciously to your body, your reproductive life and experiences, and your sexuality.
Some of the more common topics discussed/services include:
- Vaginal and speculum exams
- PAP smears and testing for sexually transmitted infections
- Consultations for determining appropriate birth control methods
- Transitioning off of hormonal birth control
- Teaching about natural birth control/ fertility awareness methods
- Discussing sexuality before and after childbearing
- and more...
Midwives are trained in a wide range of topics regarding sexuality, fertility, and reproductive health. We are also deeply committed to the health, wellbeing, confidentiality, and safety of our clients. If you have any questions about your fertility, sexuality or reproductive health that fall within or outside of topics above, don’t hesitate to call and set up a consultation.
While more than half of pregnancies in North America are unplanned, some individuals, partners, and families plan their pregnancies well in advance and want to optimize their health and fertility before conception. Midwifery Care for preconception offers personalized, holistic planning for bringing life into the world. Some commonly discussed topics include, but are not limited to:
- nutrition, herbs and supplements for optimizing conception
- sexuality, spirituality, and the idea of parenting
- timing of intercourse/insemination for fertilization
- taking care of a pregnant body
- integrating siblings and other family members into the planning process of a new baby